Last updated July 17, 2019
1. This "Trulioo End-User Terms and Conditions" ("Agreement") governs your access to and use of the Trulioo website and applications (collectively, the "Site") and IDV Services (as defined below) offered on the Site. This is a legal agreement between you (the "IDV User" or "you" or "your") and Trulioo Information Services, Inc. ("Trulioo").
When you registered, you either registered as an individual or as a company or other business organization. When registering, you provided information about yourself and/or an owner or principal of the business. You hereby represent and warrant that all information provided is true and correct and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the business and have authority to bind the business to this Agreement. The term "you" "your" and "IDV User" will mean you, the natural person, as well as the business.
By checking the box on the registration page agreeing to these terms and conditions or by using the IDV Services, you are agreeing that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by this Agreement.
If you do not agree or are unable to agree to be bound by this Agreement, do not use the IDV Services and exit the Site.
Trulioo may modify this Agreement from time to time. When changes are made, Trulioo will make the revised version available on this webpage, and will indicate the date that revisions were last made. Your use of the Site or the Services after such posting will constitute acceptance by you of such changes.
2. This Agreement is effective as of the date you first registered (the "Effective Date"). If you registered as a business entity, the IDV Services (as defined below) may also be utilized by Affiliates (as defined below) of the IDV User; provided that (i) the IDV User shall be the sole party responsible for making payments under this Agreement and (ii) the IDV User shall be responsible to Trulioo for all Affiliates compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. For purposes of this Agreement, the term "Affiliate" shall mean any entity in which the IDV User has direct or indirect ownership of greater than 50% of the voting shares of the relevant company.
3. Trulioo is providing electronic identity verification services ("IDV Services") to the IDV User pursuant to this Agreement. This Agreement shall remain in effect until terminated. IDV User or Trulioo may terminate this Agreement, and/or suspend your access to the IDV Services, at any time.
4. As part of the IDV Services, Trulioo grants to the IDV User a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to utilise the IDV Services for the lawful purposes specified in Schedule A (the "Permitted Purpose"). This license allows the IDV User the right to submit data for verification through the IDV Services according to the Permitted Purpose (each submittal a "Transaction") to a maximum limit of 2,500 Transactions per calendar month.
5. If Trulioo processes EU Personal Data in the course of the provision or procurement of the IDV Services, the parties will abide by the requirements included in the EU Personal Data Schedule, attached as Schedule B, including notifying the data subject that their Personal Information will be transferred outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), providing any other required information to the data subject, and offer the data subject the opportunity to object to the transfer.
6. The IDV User must not distribute, market, re-license, sub-license, rent, lease, adapt, translate, enhance, modify, de-compile, disassemble, reverse engineer, reproduce, create derivative works or translate the whole or any part of the information included in the IDV Services, and must not merge the IDV Services into any other product or service without the prior written permission of Trulioo.
7. In consideration of Trulioo providing the IDV Services to the IDV User, the IDV User agrees to pay to Trulioo the fees as set forth in Schedule A, including any related payment transmission fees or related bank charges. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all fees and charges referred to in this Agreement (including the Schedule) are exclusive of Goods and Service Tax. Payment will be made by charging your credit card on file. By providing credit card information or other payment method acceptable to Trulioo, you represent and warrant that; i) the information provided is true and correct; ii) you are authorized to provide that information and to use the designated payment method; and iii) you authorize Trulioo (or Trulioo's third-party payment processor) to charge your payment method for the total amount due. You agree to pay all credit card charges when due. You agree to pay all charges when due regardless of the number of transactions performed and regardless of the specific results or performance of the IDV Services.
8. The IDV User warrants and represents that it –
(a) will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to privacy and data protection laws;
(b) has all licences, authorisations, consents and approvals necessary in order to perform its obligations under this Agreement;
(d) will only use the IDV Services for the Permitted Purpose and otherwise in accordance with the terms of this Agreement (including any obligations or restrictions set out in the Schedules);
(e) will comply with all requirements and additional obligations listed in the Schedule A including, where applicable, the implementation of consumer consent requirements and agreement to additional terms and conditions contained therein;
(f) will obtain the freely given specific and informed consent from the individual that is the subject of the IDV Services, in accordance with applicable laws;
(g) will utilise the IDV Services for its own purposes and will not forward, send or disseminate any data or information contained within the IDV Services to any other party (with the exception of any Affiliate of the IDV User, but only for such time as such ownership is held in the company); and
(h) will, upon request, provide all reasonable assistance to allow Trulioo to monitor and audit the IDV User's compliance with this Agreement, and to otherwise enable Trulioo to comply with its obligations to third parties (including but not limited to government departments and agencies).
(i) will not introduce any back door, drop dead device, time bomb, Trojan horse, virus, or worm (as such terms are commonly understood in the software industry) or any other code designed or intended to have, or capable of performing, any of the following functions: (i) disrupting, disabling, harming or otherwise impeding in any manner the operation of, or providing unauthorized access to, the IDV Services or Trulioo's computer system or network; or (ii) damaging or destroying any data.
9. The IDV Services are provided on the following terms:
(a) Trulioo does not represent or warrant or guarantee that the databases used to provide the IDV Services are complete, accurate or correct and, accordingly, Trulioo does not represent or warrant or guarantee that any information provided by Trulioo to the IDV User as part of the IDV Services is complete, accurate or correct.
(b) Any information provided by Trulioo to the IDV User as part of the IDV Services relies on the completeness, accuracy and correctness of data which is entered by the IDV User.
(c) The provision of the IDV Services by Trulioo is contingent on data sources supplied by third parties, including government agencies, third party suppliers of identity verification services and credit reference agencies. Those third parties may change or may, due to change in laws or other reasons, change their policies or services. Therefore, the provision and price of the IDV Services, and the Permitted Purpose, may be amended by Trulioo (acting reasonably) where and to the limited and minimum extent required to comply with a change from a third party supplier. Where possible, Trulioo will provide IDV User at least 30 days' prior, written notice of such changes. If amendments in accordance with this clause (c) are not acceptable to IDV User (acting reasonably), the IDV User may cease their usage of the particular affected service.
(d) The IDV User hereby authorizes Trulioo to engage the third parties described in clause 9(c), to provide the requested IDV Services. The IDV User agrees that Trulioo may provide to such third parties any information necessary for the fulfilment of the IDV Services and Trulioo may check the information provided by the IDV User against any databases supplied by such third parties for the purposes of performing the IDV Services.
10. Trulioo, its contractors and sub-contractors, for the purposes of this Agreement, are not –
(a) a Reporting Entity as defined in s.5 of the Australian Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act2006 ("AML/CTF Act") and as such do not have an obligation to retain any copies of an identification procedure as required under s.113;
(b) to be considered part of any Designated Business Group as defined in s.5 of the AML/CTF Act and as such do not have an obligation to retain any copies of an identification procedure as required under s.113;
(c) to be considered agents of a Reporting Entity for the purposes of needing to retain copies of an identification procedure as required under s.113 of the AML/CTF Act.
(d) a Reporting Entity as defined under Canadian provincial and or federal laws;
(e) a Consumer Reporting Agency as defined by the U.S. Fair Credit Reporting Act 15 U.S.C. et seq ("FCRA") and Trulioo's data or reports do not constitute "Consumer Reports" as that term is defined in the FCRA.
11. The IDV User is responsible for –
(a) procuring any software or applications which it requires to use or view the IDV Services;
(b) the accuracy of the information input for the IDV Services; and
(c) assessing and setting the risk tolerance level according to its needs.
12. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, the parties agree to cooperate and provide reasonable assistance in joint marketing materials from time to time. No such announcements shall be issued without both parties' prior written consent, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
13. Trulioo and its service providers will retain ownership of all intellectual property in the IDV Services (including any amendments, enhancements, modifications or updates of the IDV Services).
14. Except as expressly set out herein, the IDV User will have no rights or interest with respect to the IDV Services. Nothing contained in this Agreement will constitute a licence or grant of any rights to the IDV User with respect to any trademark, logo, service, mark, trade name, service name or patent.
15. As used in this Agreement, "Confidential Information" means any information communicated by either party to the other party in the context of their business relationship (whether documented now or in the future or otherwise) and includes information regarding the IDV Services not generally known to the public, the identity of Trulioo's data sources and vendors as well as any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (including, without limitation, name, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, government identity card number, driver's license number, or any other unique identifier or one or more factors specific to the individual's physical, physiological, mental, economic or social identity, and whether confidential customer data or otherwise) provided by either party to the other ("Personal Information") and including user name and password information.
16. Except with respect to Personal Information, Confidential Information does not include information that is generally known to the public, information received in good faith from a third party not subject to a confidential obligation to the source, or information that was independently developed by the recipient without the developing persons having access to or knowledge of the confidential information.
17. Each party agrees that it will –
(a) not disclose, nor permit any person to disclose, to any other person or entity any Confidential Information except to those of its data vendors, directors, officers or employees with a strict need to know in order to perform the obligations under this Agreement. Such data vendors, directors, officers or employees shall be of the obligation of confidentiality hereunder and shall be subject confidentiality obligations at least as restrictive as those set forth in this Agreement. Should either party be legally required to disclose Confidential Information, that party shall, unless prohibited by law, immediately notify the other party of such request or requirement for disclosure, and reasonably assist that party, prior to disclosure so that party may seek an appropriate protective order;
(b) protect the Confidential Information with the same degree of care it uses to safeguard its own information of a similar character, provided that such degree of care shall not be less than a reasonable degree of care implementing appropriate administrative, physical, technical and organizational measures, policies and procedures to protect Confidential Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, disclosure or access, and other unlawful forms of processing;
(c) immediately notify the other party in writing if it suspects, has reason to believe or confirms that any Confidential Information is or has been lost, stolen, compromised, misused or used, accessed or acquired in an unauthorized manner or by any unauthorized person, or for any purpose other than legitimate business reasons;
(d) comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws which may apply to the storage or transmission of any Confidential Information; and
(e) return or destroy Confidential Information to the other party within ten (10) days of notice from such party.
18. Trulioo may suspend the IDV Services or terminate this Agreement immediately, without further obligation to IDV User, in the event that (i) the IDV User commits a material breach of any of its obligations under this Agreement, (ii) for non-payment of services, or (iii) if there is a change of circumstances beyond Trulioo's control which prevents Trulioo from providing the IDV Services.
19. Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement if such delay is due to an act of God, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, accident, acts of the public enemy, terrorist acts, war, rebellion, insurrection, sabotage, epidemic, quarantine restriction, transportation embargo, change of law or strike (each a "Force Majeure").
20. If a delay or failure of a party to perform its obligations is caused by, or anticipated because of, Force Majeure, the performance of that party's obligations will be suspended.
21. If a delay or failure by a party to perform its obligations because of Force Majeure exceeds 30 days, either party may immediately terminate this Agreement by giving written notice to the other party.
22. Trulioo is not responsible –
(a) if the IDV User fails to use the IDV Services in accordance with the Permitted Purpose or any other term of this Agreement;
(b) if any equipment, browser, server or software utilized by the IDV User in accessing the IDV Services fails; or,
(c) for any damage to equipment, hardware, programs or data, whether stored or used with the IDV Services or otherwise, including the costs of repairing such equipment or hardware and the costs of recovering such programs or data.
23. To the extent permitted by law, other than to the extent expressly set out in this Agreement, Trulioo makes no representations or warranties either express or implied –
(a) in relation to the suitability, quality, merchantability, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the IDV Services;
(b) that the IDV Services will meet the IDV User's requirements;
(c) that the IDV User's use of the IDV Services will be uninterrupted or error-free or that any errors or defects in the IDV Services will be corrected; or
(d) regarding the interoperability, compatibility or coexistence of the IDV Services with the IDV User's operating system or particular network environment or hardware.
24. IN NO EVENT WILL TRULIOO OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES, OR ANY DATA PROVIDER, BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT IN ANY MANNER, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY OR NEGLIGENCE).
25. TRULIOO'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY DURING THE TERM FOR ANY OR ALL LOSSES OR INJURIES ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO A REFUND OF THE FEES PAID BY IDV USER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT DURING THE THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO THE OCCURRENCE OF THE FIRST EVENT GIVING RISE TO ALL OR PART OF THE LIABILITY.
26. Notwithstanding any other term of this Agreement, Trulioo accepts no liability for any inaccuracy, incompleteness or other error in any (i) inquiry information, (ii) other information, or (iii) data, provided by the IDV User to Trulioo.
27. The IDV User will indemnify Trulioo, its affiliates and agents from and against any and all claim, damages, losses, liabilities or fees arising in connection with any costs incurred as a result of a breach of any term of this Agreement by the IDV User.
28. The IDV User must not assign or transfer any rights or liabilities under this Agreement to any other person, except with written consent of Trulioo.
29. If, for any reason, Trulioo is required to disclose any or all of its data vendors to IDV User, then IDV User agrees that it shall be prohibited from contacting or doing business with such data vendors, for the purpose of obtaining similar services as those provided through Trulioo under this Agreement, at any time during the term of the Agreement and for a period of one (1) year after the termination of this Agreement.
30. IDV User can contact Trulioo at any time with questions or to cancel the IDV Services by sending an email to: email@example.com.
31. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be illegal or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction then that provision will be deemed to be deleted, but without affecting the remaining provisions.
32. A failure by either party to exercise or enforce any rights available to that party or the giving of any forbearance, delay or indulgence is not to be construed as a waiver of that party's rights under this Agreement.
33. All documents referred to in this Agreement form part of this Agreement and may be amended from time to time by the parties in writing. Such amendments do not otherwise affect the rights and obligations howsoever under this Agreement.
34. This Agreement (including the Schedule and any other documents referred to in the Schedule or this Agreement) contains the entire Agreement between the parties and there are no other representations, promises or conditions.
35. This Agreement is governed by the laws of British Columbia, Canada. Both parties stipulate and agree that any litigation arising from or relating to this Agreement will be heard in a court of competent jurisdiction located in British Columbia, Canada.
$2.00 USD per transaction (billed monthly)
Verifying an individual's identity, age or address information for lawful purposes of identity verification, fraud prevention or enforcement of laws designed to prevent money laundering but does not include determining a consumer's eligibility for credit or insurance for personal, family or household purposes, employment or a government license or benefit.
IDV User agrees to obtain the appropriate, active, and informed consent from each individual consumer in accordance with all applicable laws for the collection, disclosure, and use of personal information prior to requesting any of the IDV Services.
$5.00 USD per transaction (billed monthly)
Automated processing of supported government issued consumer identity documents including validation of authenticity and text and or image extraction.
A direct business need for the information in connection with a business transaction involving the consumer.
IDV User must collect and submit identity document images in accordance with specification.
This EU Personal Data Schedule is only applicable if Trulioo processes EU Personal Data in the course of the provision or procurement of the IDV Services. Capitalized terms used in this Schedule shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Agreement including, without limitation, the definitions terms found in this EU Personal Data Schedule.
1. Trulioo shall:
(a) process EU Personal Data in accordance with the IDV User's instructions as established in this Agreement or as provided in writing from time to time. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if Trulioo is aware that such instructions are contrary to law, Trulioo shall use reasonable efforts to inform the IDV User of the legal requirements prior to carrying out the processing, unless it is prohibited from doing so by law on important grounds of public interest;
(b) assist the IDV User, taking into account the nature of the processing and the information available to Trulioo, in complying with the IDV User's obligations to respond to requests from individuals or supervisory authorities under applicable Data Protection Law, to the extent this is possible, or to carry out a data protection impact assessment;
(c) make available to the IDV User at the IDV User's request and cost all information necessary to demonstrate compliance with the obligations set out in this EU Personal Data Schedule and allow for any audits, including inspections, conducted by the IDV User or another auditor mandated by the IDV User, as requested by the IDV User on reasonable, legitimate grounds. Such audits shall be conducted no more than once per calendar year and at a mutually agreeable date and time;
(d) not provide EU Personal Data to any subcontractor utilized by Trulioo to carry out data server hosting and other responsibilities on Trulioo's behalf ("Subprocessor"), unless authorized, in writing, by the IDV User. The IDV User hereby authorizes Trulioo to engage such Subprocessors in the provision of the IDV Services. From 25 May 2018, Trulioo will make available a list of Subprocessors if requested by IDV User in writing. Trulioo can at any time at its discretion appoint a new Subprocessor provided that, from 25 May 2018, the IDV User is given fifteen (15) days' prior notice and does not object to such changes within that timeframe. If IDV User objects to such Subprocessor, it may terminate this Agreement on 30 (thirty) days' written notice to Trulioo. For the avoidance of doubt, notwithstanding this clause 1(d), Trulioo may provide EU Personal Data to any third party identity verification service provider acting as a data controller pursuant to Trulioo's instructions under this Agreement to procure the IDV Services in accordance with clause 9(c);
(e) ensure that any Subprocessors to whom Trulioo transfers EU Personal Data enter into written agreements with Trulioo requiring that the Subprocessor abide by terms no less protective than those contained in this Agreement; and,
(f) For the purposes of this Agreement, "EU Personal Data" means Personal Information which is or has been subject to Data Protection Law and which has been provided by the IDV User to Trulioo, together with the Personal Information which Trulioo provides to IDV User confirming that it has matched a specific individual with a data source listed in 9(c) of this Agreement or 1(d) of this Schedule B. EU Personal Data does not include Personal Information which such a data source provides to Trulioo on a general basis, irrespective of the IDV Services provided to IDV User. "Data Protection Law" means means European Directives 95/46 and 2002/58/EC and any legislation and/or regulation implementing or made pursuant to them, or which amends, replaces, re-enacts or consolidates any of them (including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and the privacy and data protection laws of the European Economic Area, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (after it leaves the European Union), each as amended from time to time. The terms "process", "processing" "data controller" and "data subject" shall have the meanings accorded under applicable Data Protection Law. The subject-matter of the data processing under this EU Personal Data Schedule is the provision or procurement of the IDV Services and the processing will be carried out for as long as necessary to provide the IDV Services. Section 1 of this EU Personal Data Schedule sets out the nature and purpose of the processing, the types of EU Personal Data Trulioo processes and the categories of data subjects whose personal data is processed.
2. This Clause 2 of EU Personal Data Schedule does not apply if the IDV User is located outside of the EU. Trulioo agrees to comply with the obligations of a data importer as set out in the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to data processors established in third countries adopted by the European Commission decision of 5 February 2010, published under document number C(2010) 593 2010/87/EU, or as updated thereafter (the "Standard Contractual Clauses"). The IDV User agrees that it will be a data exporter under the Standard Contractual Clauses and will comply with the obligations imposed on data exporters. If the legal means by which adequate protection for the transfer is achieved ceases to be valid, Trulioo will work with the IDV User to put in place an alternative solution. Each party's compliance with the Standard Contractual Clauses, as well as the provisions relating to data protection aspects for subprocessing, shall be governed by the law of the Member State in which the data exporter is established.
The personal data transferred concern the following categories of data subjects (please specify):
Data subjects opening new accounts with the Customer
Categories of data
The personal data transferred concern the following categories of data (please specify):
Identifying information, such as contact details, date of birth, address, National ID, etc.
Special categories of data (if appropriate)
The personal data transferred concern the following special categories of data (please specify):
The personal data transferred will be subject to the following basic processing activities (please specify):
For the provision of the IDV Services